Monday, February 24, 2014

Kitchen stuff

Here's another post of things that will eventually go into the kitchen.

I always wanted a spice rack with milk glass canisters. My husband found this on a work related trip. I am happy that he took a little detour on his last day after work...lol. Some of the canisters still have old spices in them and the scents are still quite strong.  These were made by Griffith's and date to the early 1940s.


Here's one of my husband's new hobbies. He has a few vintage advertising tins from local companies.








When I was little I loved the Pepsi and Coke fast food character glasses. Now that I am older, I have been collecting all of my favorite glasses whenever I can. Most of these glasses were produced by Coke or Pepsi during a time when families could sit down and eat together all of the time (9-5 shifts...remember those). Here are some random pictures of my glasses. There are a few new glasses but most of them are mugs. I have so many that I had to get a cabinet just to store them in until we renovate the kitchen (years away). Most of these promotional glasses were distributed from the mid 1970s through the mid 1980s. It seems like the end of the fast food glass era was around 1988.





We use the Charlie Brown and Smurf glasses the most because they are easier to find and there are a lot of them available.The Peanuts glasses were distributed by McDonald's in 1983 and there were two series of Smurf glasses, one in 1982 and another in 1983. These were distributed by Hardees.



I have some rarer ones that are packed away in a box for safe keeping including some mid to late 1950s Mickey Mouse Club glasses. I would like to find a Slowpoke Rodriguez or Andy Panda one day. These were part of the mid 1970s Pepsi character series and both had very small production runs.







3 comments:

  1. I like you flashlights , I have several like those ,one that takes five D cells.
    I also like your table and chairs and of course the telephones.
    It is a very good collection well rounded out with a lot of different things..
    Dan in Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jada!!! Love your wonderful collections. It's so nice to see that our treasures are being looked after and appreciated. Much success to you and your husband! I will be peaking in very often! Cindi T

    ReplyDelete